By Shirley Webber (Research Dietitian)
Looking for a gluten free low FODMAP breakfast. Here is a nutritious option to help boost your morning energy.
- 125 ml water
- 250ml lactose free milk (low fat alternative if tolerating lactose)
- 50g quinoa flakes (raw) or 160g cooked
- 1 banana
- 50g lactose free yoghurt or if tolerating dairy opt for a plain low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION per serve
1. In a small saucepan, bring the water and half of the milk to the boil on the stove, then add your quinoa flakes, Turn the heat down to low and allow to simmer for approximately 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile slice 1 medium banana and set aside.
3. When the quinoa reaches a thickened consistency pour into a bowl and top off with the remaining milk. Add the yoghurt and banana with a drizzle of maple syrup. Sprinkle some cinnamon over the quinoa porridge for extra flavour.