Ingredients (makes 6 doughnuts):
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 10g (2 tsp) pea protein powder
- 1.5 tbs ground chia seeds + 3 tbs warm water
- 2 tbs brown sugar or stevia powder
- 1 small banana
- 1 tbs cocoa/cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 40g 70% dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a small bowl, combine ground chia seeds with water and set aside to soak for 10-15 minutes, or until they form a thick gel.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Using a fork, mash banana separately on a plate then stir through the chia seed mixture
5. Combine banana and chia mixture with dry ingredients and stir until the mixture resembles thick pancake batter.
6. Spoon mixture into a well greased doughnut pan (if you don't have a doughnut pan, a muffin tin can be used instead).
7. Bake at 180 degrees for ~15 minutes.
8. Leave doughnuts to cool slightly before glazing or dusting with cinnamon-sugar (optional)
- 1 tbs icing sugar
- 1/2 tbs cocoa/cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp liquid (water/milk/lemon juice)
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, then spread glaze on cooled doughnuts
- Gluten-free flour can be used as an alternative to buckwheat flour, just be sure to check the label for any high FODMAP ingredients (such as lupin flour)
- No chia seeds In the pantry? 1 egg can be used in place of the chia + water mixture
Nutrition Information/serve: (without glaze)
- Saturated fat